The Affordable Care Act was passed by Congress and signed into law on March 23, 2010. Many insurance plans are now required to cover the full cost of preventive services, like medical screenings and vaccines.
Some of the screenings covered include
- Blood Pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes
Talk to your insurance provider to find out what is covered under your plan. Many of these screenings are covered at no cost under Medicare. Medicaid patients should check with their state to see what is covered.
Find the full list of preventive screenings and vaccines covered under the Affordable Care Act.
Now, if I could only get health insurance so I would have someone to talk to about getting those screenings. While I can no longer be denied based on pre-existing conditions, I still can’t find a policy that isn’t more than 50% of my take home pay. What we really need is Medicare for All.
- laphotos reblogged this from usagov
- silas216 reblogged this from sarahlee310
- silas216 likes this
- blissandzen likes this
- randomactsofchaos likes this
- other-stuff reblogged this from sarahlee310
- bikrdog likes this
- spocko likes this
- sarahlee310 reblogged this from usagov and added:
- specialistdirective likes this
- nancyrivers likes this
- houseoforange likes this
- newsfloozie reblogged this from usagov
- tlbb likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- contusion likes this
- mknmv likes this
- realcleverscience likes this
- usagov posted this