“The men in our lives, including members of the General Assembly, generously devote time to fundamental female reproductive issues—the least we can do is return the favor,” Senator Turner said. “It is crucial that we take the appropriate steps to shelter vulnerable men from the potential side effects of these drugs.”
The legislation follows the FDA’s recommendation that the evaluation of erectile dysfunction should include a determination of potential underlying causes and the identification of appropriate treatment following a complete medical assessment. Similar bills to more closely regulate reproductive health issues have been introduced in the state legislatures of Virginia, Oklahoma, Idaho, and most recently Pennsylvania.
“When a man makes a crucial decision about his health and his body, he should be fully aware of the alternative options and the lifetime repercussions of that decision,” Senator Turner said today. Men will be more easily guided through the process of obtaining treatment for impotence so they can better understand and more effectively address their condition.
PDE-5 inhibitors can carry serious side effects such as priapism, hearing loss, and vision loss, and can be detrimental to men with heart problems, including heart pain, abnormal heart rhythms, high or low blood pressure, or a history of stroke.
“By implementing more intensive screenings before prescribing the medication and requiring outpatient educational services, we can do more to prevent the potential side effects linked to PDE-5 inhibitors,” Senator Turner explained. “We must advocate for the traditional family, protect the sanctity of procreation, and ensure that all men using PDE-5 inhibitors are healthy, stable, and educated about their options—including celibacy as a viable life choice. This legislation will do just that.”
- gornstars reblogged this from sarahlee310
- thisismgk reblogged this from sarahlee310
- vongeek likes this
- ahvahtlom reblogged this from ladymalchav
- iamthelizmerp likes this
- ladymalchav reblogged this from bustyzombiehookersfromspace
- ababsurdo reblogged this from bebinn
- prolongedeyecontact reblogged this from bebinn and added:
- parles likes this
- adeki reblogged this from bebinn
- bebinn reblogged this from lilithlaquim and added:
- lilithlaquim reblogged this from bustyzombiehookersfromspace
- bittersweetmika reblogged this from bustyzombiehookersfromspace
- bustyzombiehookersfromspace reblogged this from sarahlee310
- sarahlee310 posted this