House Republicans on that committee [House Financial Services Committee] — which has become the second most lucrative committee for fundraising — today released their plan to come up with the cuts mandated by the budget authored by Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI). Their proposed cuts include:
– ELIMINATING RESOLUTION AUTHORITY: This is a power included in the Dodd-Frank financial reform law of 2008 that allows the government to dissolve a failed financial firm without resorting to the ad hoc bailouts of 2008. Ryan explicitly called for its repeal in the budget, even though it would leave the government powerless to act should another big bank bring the economy to the brink of disaster, other than handing it a bailout.
– ELIMINATING FORECLOSURE PREVENTION PROGRAM: The Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) has undoubtedly fallen woefully short of its goals, reaching far fewer homeowners than it was supposed to. But House Republicans want to eliminate it entirely, even with 3.6 homeowners estimated to go into foreclosure in the next two years.
– CUTTING THE CONSUMER PROTECTION BUREAU’S BUDGET BY TWO-THIRDS: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has a budget of just shy of $600 million for fiscal year 2013. House Republicans propose , even as the agency begins reining in abuses in the student loan and home mortgage industries.
- kp777 likes this
- democracyfail reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- democracyfail likes this
- timekiller-s likes this
- silas216 reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- silas216 likes this
- lafrondeuse reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- mustachenmuscles likes this
- ilikemymenlikeilikemygrunge likes this
- taken-out--of-context reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- reagan-was-a-horrible-president reblogged this from sarahlee310
- reagan-was-a-horrible-president likes this
- waycoolhacky likes this
- suckmesleezi likes this
- suckmesleezi reblogged this from sarahlee310
- blissandzen likes this
- sarahlee310 posted this