National Casualty (Insurance) Company, part of the Nationwide group of insurance companies, has announced that hydraulic fracturing operations are prohibited in relation to properties it insures.
The company has determined that the exposures presented by hydraulic fracturing are too great to ignore. Risks involved with hydraulic fracturing are now prohibited for General Liability, Commercial Auto, Motor Truck Cargo, Auto Physical Damage and Public Auto (insurance) coverage. The company said it would not bind risks with this exposure, and any policies currently written with the exposure would be non-renewed
(following state requirements).
Among the prohibited risks involved in fracking operations listed by the company are contractors involved in fracking operations, landowners whose land has been leased to lessees with fracking operations, frack sand and frack liquid haulers and site prep (dump trucks, bulldozers) or leasing of tanks.
- ajilivizion reblogged this from sarahlee310
- leftistshuffle reblogged this from silas216
- mymarketingfile reblogged this from sarahlee310
- eclecticdreamweaver likes this
- kathiek likes this
- mickeymousehasgrownupaclown likes this
- theoneandonlyjarrett likes this
- soitgoesrandomly likes this
- silas216 reblogged this from sarahlee310
- silas216 likes this
- karsk likes this
- questionall reblogged this from sarahlee310
- questionall likes this
- politicalprof likes this
- This was featured in #Politics
- blissandzen likes this
- sarahlee310 posted this