In July of 2011 we received a letter from the company. It said that the $3+ per hour that we as a Union contribute to the pension was going to be ‘borrowed’ by the company until they could be profitable again. Then they would pay it all back. The Union was notified of this the same time and method as the individual members. No contact from the company to the Union on a national level.
This money will never be paid back. The company filed for bankruptcy and the judge ruled that the $3+ per hour was a debt the company couldn’t repay. The Union continued to work despite this theft of our self-funded pension contributions for over a year. I consider this money stolen. No other word in the English language describes what they have done to this money.
After securing our hourly cash from the bankruptcy judge they set out on getting approval to force a new contract on us. They had already refused to negotiate outside of court. They received approval from the judge to impose the contract then turned it over to the Union for a vote. You read that right, they got it approved by the judge before ever showing to the Union.
What was this last/best/final offer? You’d never know by watching the main stream media tell the story. So here you go…
1) 8% hourly pay cut in year 1 with additional cuts totaling 27% over 5 years. Currently, I make $16.12 an hour at TOP rate of pay in the bakery. I would drop to $11.26 in 5 years.
2) They get to keep our $3+ an hour forever.
3) Doubling of weekly insurance premium.
4) Lowering of overall quality of insurance plan.
5) TOTAL withdrawal from ALL pensions. If you don’t have it now then you never will.
Remember how I said I made $48,000 in 2005 and $34,000 last year? I would make $25,000 in 5 years if I took their offer.
It will be hard to replace the job I had, but it will be easy to replace the job they were trying to give me.
That $3+ per hour they steal totaled $50 million last year that they never paid us. They sold $2.5 BILLION in product last year. If they can’t make this profitable without stealing my money then good riddance.
- agnesbsquare reblogged this from apsies
- stillmandy reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president and added:
- pewpewlazernipples reblogged this from talesofthestarshipregeneration
- reinosview likes this
- jonesinforjosie reblogged this from alexandraerin
- thecurvature reblogged this from lubiddu
- thecurvature likes this
- jenfangirls reblogged this from knightless
- pfdiva reblogged this from azzandra
- azzandra reblogged this from aragingquiet
- popelizbet reblogged this from karnythia
- notsoscairdycat reblogged this from jadelyn
- notsoscairdycat likes this
- straightupvelvet reblogged this from karnythia
- hettie likes this
- iamwhatbecameofthelikelylads reblogged this from jadelyn
- farscape-queen reblogged this from alexandraerin and added:
- foodieamazon likes this
- retrogradewaters reblogged this from jadelyn
- madeinjalisco reblogged this from karnythia
- minimoonstar likes this
- jadelyn reblogged this from karethdreams
- sunshine0617 likes this
- ultraprism likes this
- curmudgeonlaine likes this
- wendyblog likes this
- alackoflogic likes this
- theyalwayswantyoutoproveit reblogged this from alexandraerin
- lebeam likes this
- badhawaiian-shirts likes this
- amberfoxfire reblogged this from zillah975
- amberfoxfire likes this
- apatheticfan reblogged this from karnythia
- rainbow-blais reblogged this from neimadxt
- rainbow-blais likes this
- desolatefield likes this
- tristasaurus likes this
- cooledskin reblogged this from thebigblackwerewolfe
- redcloud likes this
- zillah975 reblogged this from tygermama
- nudewave likes this
- imathers reblogged this from themodernistwitch
- selfimportantweaverofwords reblogged this from thebigblackwerewolfe
- contaminatedbreastcheese likes this
- imathers likes this
- iamkmonster reblogged this from alexandraerin
- dominiq379 reblogged this from talesofthestarshipregeneration
- aka14kgold likes this
- jackhawksmoor likes this
- locovirgo likes this